Monday, 30 June 2014 - 5:00pm
I'm happy to announce the dev release of DS Inception v2.
The latest version of Inception has added a ton of new functionality, including the ability to 'inception-enable' any Drupal entity, so you can now use Inception functionality pretty much anywhere in Drupal.
Taxonomy Vocabularies can inherit a primary Inception layout, allowing for per-term layout overrides if required. You can also override inherited layouts, so if you don't want an inherited element to display on a term, or you'd like to change the region it appears in, you can locally override it.
You can similarly have content types inherit from a parent Inception layout and override in the same way.
New stuff :
- Embed Inception content in any Drupal entity (Taxonomy/Content Type)
- Inherit parent layout from existing Inception pages per Vocab/Term/Content Type
- Override inherited content (region placement/weight) per entity
- Embed Inception entities within other Inception layouts (think 'easy grouped content')
- (You can even embed inception within inception within inception within inception. If you want.)
- Override Views Header/Footer with custom content
- Override Views contextual filter values
- Apply classes to view items & wrapper
- Override views pager settings & max items on the fly
The majority of the above are covered in the video demo below.
In the pipeline:
- Full core field support
- Field formatter configuration & overrides
- Better scratch (build/preview content before pushing to page)
- Context integration (assign parent layouts based on given criteria)
- Allow override of parent meta (i.e view override settings, classes, etc)
- .. more.
Drupal Sandbox project is up to date with latest code. It will have bugs, and you need to apply a baby patch to DS.
If you have any questions or want to chat about this work feel free to contact me directly.